Rates correct as at 05 August 2016.
0.00% EAR variable
No arrangement fee
£3,000 total amount of credit
The arranged overdraft interest rate can vary and is currently as shown above.
The unarranged overdraft interest rate can vary and is currently as shown above.
The overdraft interest rates are made up of two parts-the Bank of England Bank Rate (BOEBR) and an amount over the BOEBR (known as the 'margin'), which are both variable rates. We set the margin (on an arranged overdraft) and the unarranged margin (on an unarranged excess). When the Bank of England Bank Rate changes, we change the overdraft interest rate at the beginning of the next business day after the Bank of England announces the change. We will give you two months' written notice before we increase the margin or the unarranged margin that applies to your account.
Transaction and package fees
|Setting up the arranged overdraft
||No fee for arranged overdrafts of up to £3,000.
1% fee for any amount over £3,000.
|Cash withdrawals at one of our branch counters
||You can make up to four cash withdrawals at a branch counter each calendar month, free of charge. For each extra cash withdrawal out of your account at one of our branch counters, we will charge you the fee shown opposite.
||You can make up to four cheque payments (see the note below) each calendar month free of charge. For each extra cheque paid out of your account during that month, we will charge you the fee shown opposite.
|Unpaid transaction fee
||When we return an item unpaid on your account (sometimes known as 'bouncing' an item), we will charge an unpaid transaction fee for each item that is not paid. We will not charge this fee if the amount you would have been overdrawn by is £5 or less.
|Paid transaction fee
||Each day that we pay an item or group of items and you have an unarranged overdraft, we may charge you a paid transaction fee. The most we will charge you each day is £25 and the maximum amount we will charge you for paid transaction fees in any calendar month is £125. We will not charge this fee if the amount you are overdrawn by is £5 or less.
|Unarranged overdraft usage fee
||Charged monthly to accounts which go overdrawn when there is no arranged overdraft in place, or which go over an arranged overdraft limit without our agreement beforehand. We will not charge this fee if the amount you would have been overdrawn by, or over your arranged overdraft by, is £5 or less.
If you make a payment out of your account at a branch counter, we will count this as a cheque payment.
There is a range of charging scenarios
available to show you the charges you will be expected to pay if you try to spend money that isn't in your account and you haven't arranged an overdraft, or if you spend money that takes your account into unarranged overdraft.
- You must be aged between 18 and 27 to open this account. You will be able to have this account until you (or, if you hold a joint account, any account holder) turn 28.
- If you are not an existing Danske Bank customer, to be eligible to apply via our website, you need to be living in Northern Ireland. If you are an existing Danske Bank customer not yet registered for our eBanking service, to be eligible to apply via our website you need to be living in the United Kingdom.
- You will need your debit card to pay in cash and cheques at any Post Office® counter.
- There are limits on the number of withdrawals you can make over the counter at our branches. There are also limits on the number of cheque payments you can make.
- With eBanking, we automatically send your statements to your electronic mailbox in eBanking, unless you tell us otherwise.
- Lending terms and conditions apply.
- Arranged overdrafts are repayable on demand. This means you would have to pay the overdraft off when asked to do so. You may need to provide security.
- You can get details of fees, service charges and interest rates that may apply to our personal current accounts from any of our branches and throughout this website.