At the Danske Bank Group, we believe that embedding a culture of responsible behaviour is a precondition for long-term value creation.
The Danske Bank Group has therefore signed the UN Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), an investor initiative coordinated by the UNEP Finance Initiative and the UN Global Compact.
The UN PRI addresses environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues and consists of six principles:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
By signing on to the UN PRI, the Danske Bank Group commits itself to reporting on the implementation of the Principles in the annual Report on Progress.