The figure below shows the collection process from start to finish. Please contact us at any time if you want to know more.
- The contract stating the payment method and shipment terms is made between the importer and exporter.
- The exporter sends the documents to its bank with instructions for delivery.
- The exporter's bank sends the documents to the importer's bank together with the exporter’s instructions. The documents can be released to the importer only against payment, except in the case of a term bill of exchange. In this case, the instructions usually stipulate that the documents are to be released against acceptance of the bill with subsequent presentation for payment on the due date.
- The importer's bank hands the documents to the importer on payment or acceptance of a bill of exchange.
- The exporter receives payment.